Dear Masonic Village Family,
Normally, springtime on our campus is full of exciting activity: club meetings, wellness classes, intergenerational projects, educational initiatives and other social gatherings. Unfortunately, due to the continuously evolving public health care crisis, we have instead been forced to limit, suspend or cancel many of our most treasured activities.
Thank you for our patience and understanding during this challenging time. We are carefully monitoring the public health crisis and all official guidance and directives. As you know, this situation is changing very rapidly. We are doing our best to quickly adapt and keep you up-to-date concerning our plans to maintain the safety and wellness of our community. While we are not aware of any cases of COVID-19 on our campus, we are taking various measures out of an abundance of caution to safeguard the well-being of all our residents, families, volunteers, visitors and staff. I have listed many of these initiatives below.
I wish to assure you that we have been working hard to ensure the continuity of our vital services with a focus on protecting our residents and team members. Despite the new protocols for “social distancing,” Masonic Village remains a caring and loving place to call “home.”
I wish to express my gratitude to all of you:
- To our Masonic Village staff, who have been working around the clock with dedication, leadership and flexibility, and for always going above and beyond to make the best of every situation.
- To our residents, customers and families: Thank you for your patience, understanding and adherence to the limitations, postponements and changes we have had to implement during this time. I know it is difficult to be separated from your loved ones and entrust their well-being to others. I hope you have found alternate ways to connect, whether through phone calls, texts, emails, social media, video chat or other creative means. In the meantime, know our team members consider our residents and their families to be part of our family, and we will always strive to treat them with compassion, respect and care.
- To our volunteers: While we have asked you to suspend your service with us until further notice, please know that we miss your smiles and talents and look forward to your return.
The following service areas are closed until further notice:
- The Cornerstone Restaurant is closed. The 902 Café is open for takeout only.
- Hair salons
- All public activities and large campus events are canceled until further notice.
- No outside groups will be permitted on campus during this time.
- Unnecessary vendors will be restricted.
- Non-essential physician, medical and rehabilitation appointments should be rescheduled until further notice. For those with urgent needs, arrangements and transportation, if needed, will be provided to off-campus office locations.
- All staff will be screened upon coming to work.
- No staff will be eliminated based on operational changes or due to COVID-19-related illness.
- As a result of the state of emergency in New Jersey, the Masonic Village at Burlington is closed to ALL visitors until further notice in coordination with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and NJ Department of Health. While we understand the importance of visiting with loved ones, exceptions will only be considered under extraordinary circumstances and will need to be scheduled and approved by calling Carl Tarbell, Executive Director, at 609-239-3900, or Cindy Shemansky, Assistant Executive Director, 609-239-3900 ext. 3924.
- We strongly discourage non-essential travel to reduce the opportunity for exposure to the virus. Anyone who has traveled out of the area or stayed off campus overnight should notify administration so they can be screened upon return.
- While vital to our Mission, we have asked volunteers to suspend their services until further notice.
Nursing/Assisted Living Updates
- To lessen the chances of infection, we have canceled all group events, outings, activities and gatherings until further notice.
- All residents in the personal care and nursing areas will dine in their room and are limited to their living area.
Retirement Living Updates
- We have canceled all recreational activities, outings and events until further notice. Only bus trips to the grocery store will continue.
- We discourage residents from leaving campus except for essential purposes (to grocery stores and the pharmacy, although delivery is a preferred option; and urgent medical visits).
Thank you in advance for your cooperation with these matters to safeguard our community.