Updated April 30, 2021
Masonic Village is currently in Phase 0.
Families, guardians and the public may call (609) 239-3989 to leave an urgent message or address an issue or complaint. This line will be available 24/7.
I am sorry to inform you that during our subsequent round of COVID-19 outbreak testing, three team members, who were fully vaccinated, have tested positive. In addition, we received another positive report yesterday. According to CMS and the NJ Department of Health guidelines, this requires our community to suspend general indoor visitation for all residents until we meet the criteria to discontinue outbreak testing. We must go a full 28 days without any new cases to move to Phase 1. Our new date to reach is 5/26/21.
COVID-19 Vaccines – Please Note: We have received questions as to…What happens after we have been vaccinated? Are restrictions released? Following vaccination, everyone must still adhere to all the COVID precautions. Masking and social distancing protocols are fully in place in our community.
Residents, employees, and visitors should continue to wear masks and social distance, even if they are around individuals who have been fully vaccinated.
COVID-19 testing for Skilled Nursing residents, Assisted Living Residents and team members will continue until we receive new direction from the NJDOH. The COVID Activity Level Index for our region is 7.02%, which is a slight drop since last week.
Deliveries to Residents – All items for drop off to residents should be directed to the Main Entrance. Items need to be in labeled bags that have the Resident’s Name and Room/Apartment number on it. Please keep in mind for any perishable items brought to the community that we cannot guarantee that items are immediately delivered. After handling items, the CDC indicates that team members and residents should sanitize or wash their hands thoroughly.
Visitation – We have received guidance from the NJDOH regarding General Indoor Visitation for Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living. However, General indoor visitation is currently paused related to additional COVID positive cases.
Scheduled Outdoor Visitation is available daily, weather permitting. Families can schedule visits using the application on our website, Simply Book Me. The link to simply book me is found at the top of our website. https://masonicvillageatburlington.simplybook.me/v2/
Visitors for skilled nursing and assisted living are requested to park in the parking lot located off Oxmead Road and proceed to the Chapel doors for screening.
Appointments can only be booked two weeks out at the current time to allow all our families the opportunity for visits.
In Skilled Nursing, for non-urgent end-of-life scenarios, and/or to request a compassionate care visit, families/responsible parties must schedule an appointment by contacting the Keystone Administration Office Monday-Friday at (609) 239-3871 or (609) 239-3924 or nursing supervisor (after 4 p.m.) at (609) 239-3840.
In Assisted Living, for non-urgent/end-of-life scenarios, and/or to request a compassionate care visit, families/responsible parties must schedule an appointment by contacting the Robyn Barnes, Administrator Monday-Friday at (609) 239-3844 or nursing supervisor (after 4 p.m.) at (609) 239-3840.
All deliveries should be directed to the Main Entrance.
Coming to Café 902 in May
Fish is great for your brain!
Fish is a high-quality protein and fat source bursting with omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamins D and B2. Get your favorite fish dish – all month long:
- Dijon Crusted Tuna & Lentils Power Bowl (OH SO GOOD item)
- BBQ Shrimp Flat Bread Salad
- Lemon & Herb Poached Salmon Salad
- Ginger Lemon Crab Power Bowl
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Aji Mexican Grill!
From an authentic array of starches, proteins, veggies and sauces!
- Pisole Rojo (Latin Pork Stew)
- Mexican Fried Fish Tacos with Rice
- Steak Fajita Quesadilla with Rice
Globe Trotting: Dietary Guidelines across the World
Going global with food has expanded our cultural reach for spices and other ingredients as well as recipes. Currently, there are food-based dietary guidelines for 90 countries globally! Some guidance appears nearly universally across countries: to consume a variety of foods; to consume fruits and vegetables, legumes, and lean protein sources; and to limit sugar, fat, and salt. Have fun exploring culturally diverse recipes that celebrate common thread of dietary guidance across the world! These recipes are located at the entry table in Café 902
- Almond Butter Granola Bar (OH SO GOOD item)
- Apricot Ginger Pear Yogurt Parfait (OH SO GOOD item)
- Egg White Avocado Toast (OH SO GOOD item)
- Egg and Vegetable Taquitos (OH SO GOOD item)
Celebrations in May
Join us in celebrating food and holiday events this month! We’re featuring fun themed recipes to help you break out of your everyday menu fatigue. Here’s what’s coming up:
01 – Kentucky Derby
05 – Cinco de Mayo
09 – Mother’s Day
10 – National Shrimp Day
13 – International Hummus Day
28 – National Hamburger Day
31 – Memorial Day
The Cornerstone Restaurant will remain closed until further notice due to COVID-19, we will continue to reevaluate on a weekly basis. Our Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing dining services will continue as room service.
Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living
As a reminder we remain in Phase 0. Doctors’ Appointments are limited to extremely emergent issues only. NJ continues to have increased COVID cases and when residents are transported to outside providers it greatly increases their chances of exposure to COVID-19.
Residents entering our community from a hospital stay or returning from an outside doctor’s appointment are assessed to determine if they need to be quarantined for 14 days to be monitored for any signs and symptoms of COVID-19. We need to provide information to the State regarding the number of Persons Under Investigation, (PUI), we have in our community. A PUI means that they may have been exposed and we need to monitor them for COVID-19 symptoms. You will see this listed in our COVID-19 data below.
We continue to provide in room engagement for our residents based on their individualized needs. In room engagement can include: games, crossword puzzles, seek and find, adult coloring/painting, magazines, reading books, jigsaw puzzles, computer/tablet/smart phone surfing the web, reading mail, conversation with Team Member, Music Therapy, Happy Hour and Snack Chats and utilizing the Computerized (It’s Never 2 Late) Activity software programs on 1:1 visits and Morning Exercise Monday thru Saturday via live broadcast from the Chapel.
The following special events are planned:
- May 4th – 1:30 PM afternoon Music with Gloria – Broadcast Channel 49
- May 5th – Cinco DeMayo Celebration “Snack & Chat” special refreshments and beverages
- May 6th – 11:00 AM “National Day of Prayer Service” – Broadcast Channel 49 lead by Rev. Ron Anastase, Gloria Turk Organist/Music Therapist
- May 7th – 2:00 PM “Entertainer “Tony Lombardi” – Broadcast Channel 49
- May 9th – “Mothers Day” Celebrating all our ladies with a special gift
- Week of the 10th – Ice Cream Cart Social – All neighborhoods throughout the week
- May 10th – 5:00 PM Evening Music with Arylyn Wolters – Broadcast Channel 49
- May 16th – 10:45 AM Ascension Sunday Church Service – Broadcast Channel 49
- May 19th – Birthday Celebration
- May 20th – 2:00 PM Snack & Chat “Root Beer Floats”
- May 21st – 2:00 PM “Special Afternoon Music with Bobby Jones” – Broadcast Channel 49
- Week of the 24th – Ice Cream Cart Social – all neighborhoods throughout the week
- May 28th – 2:00 PM Fun Friday with your Activities Team “Name That Tune” – Broadcast Channel 49
- May 30th – 10:45 AM Church “Memorial Day Remembrance”
Weekly Monday thru Friday
- 9:30 AM – Daily Chronicles/On this day/weather/current events/fun stories/history/announcements – Broadcast Channel 49
Monday thru Saturday
- 10:15 AM – Exercise – Broadcast Channel 49
- 2:30 PM – Easy Does It Trivia – Broadcast Channel 49
Monday and Wednesday
- 1:00 PM – Devotional Time with Chaplain Ron- Broadcast Channel 49
- Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing – Dining services will continue as room service at the current time.
- As we are having an outbreak in our community, general indoor visitation is currently paused. We will continue to schedule facetime visits and we have Outdoor visitation available daily, weather permitting.
- Outdoor Visitation will occur in our Memory Care Courtyard for residents that reside in those areas. This will be located on the North Cape May Porch and the Cedar Cove Patio area.
- Those residents residing in our Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living areas will have visitation at the Chapel Circle.
- Outdoor Visitations can be scheduled through our website. See the link located at the top of the web page. Time slots are scheduled for 1 hour in length and include screening and consent time. Maximum of two visitors at a time per resident.
- Visitation areas will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between appointments.
- In Skilled Nursing, for non-urgent end-of-life scenarios, and/or to request a compassionate care visit, families/responsible parties must schedule an appointment by contacting the Keystone Administration Office Monday-Friday at (609) 239-3871 or (609) 239- 3924 or nursing supervisor (after 4 p.m.) at (609) 239-3840.
- In Assisted Living, for non-urgent/end-of-life scenarios, and/or to request a compassionate care visit, families/responsible parties must schedule an appointment by contacting the Robyn Barnes, Administrator Monday-Friday at (609) 239-3844 or nursing supervisor (after 4 p.m.) at (609) 239-3840.
- For urgent requests for Skilled Nursing, please call Cindy Shemansky, Assistant Executive Director/Keystone Administrator at (609) 239-3924 or the nursing supervisor at (609) 239-3840.
- For urgent requests for Assisted Living, please call Robyn Barnes, Assisted Living Administrator at (609) 239-3844 or the nursing supervisor at (609) 239-3840.
MVB Resident Care Staffing Report
MVB is required to post our skilled nursing staffing each shift where is can be viewed by the public. During COVID we are posting our sheets each shift at the Chapel Entrance Door for you to observe as you come for Outdoor Visits. We will post a weekly report on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Cindy Shemansky at (609) 239-3924.
Questions and Concerns
Please feel free to contact Cindy Shemansky, Assistant Executive Director, with any questions or concerns at (609) 239-3924. Again, we thank you for your continued patience and support through these challenging times.