Updated February 26, 2021
Masonic Village is currently in Phase 0.
Families, guardians and the public may call (609) 239-3989 to leave an urgent message or address an issue or complaint. This line will be available 24/7.
Since our last posting we had 1 Assisted Living resident and 1 team member test positive. We must go a full 28 days without any new cases to move to Phase 1. Our date to reach is 3/24/21.
COVID-19 Vaccines – Please Note: We have received questions as to…What happens after we have been vaccinated? Are restrictions released? Following vaccination, everyone must still adhere to all the COVID precautions. Masks must be worn, everyone must remain 6 feet apart. COVID-19 testing and visitor restrictions will still continue until we receive new direction from the NJDOH. The CDC and NJ DOH have indicated that there is not enough data yet regarding the vaccination to stop these restrictions.
Deliveries to Residents – Effective February 8th, all items for drop off to residents should be directed to the Main Entrance. Items need to be in labeled bags that have the Resident’s Name and Room/Apartment number on it. Please keep in mind for any perishable items brought to the community that we cannot guarantee that items are immediately delivered. After handling items, the CDC indicates that team members and residents should sanitize or wash their hands thoroughly.
Effective February 8th all deliveries should be directed to the Main Entrance.
Dark Chocolate Month – Who doesn’t love chocolate? Dark chocolate contains up to 2-3 times more flavanol-rich cocoa solids than milk chocolate that may protect your heart. These same flavanols help to relax the blood vessels and improve blood flow, thereby lowering blood pressure. Try all of our dark chocolate features in February!
Feb 28. Cappuccino Pudding
Calendar Events in February – Join us in celebrating food and holiday events during February! We’re featuring fun themed recipes in the café to provide you with the expanded variety you are craving.
Feb 27. National Chili Day
Coming to Café 902 in March
Taste of Morocco
The Taste of Morocco invites you on a journey in the exotic cuisine of Morocco featuring bold flavors and hearty combinations. Featured March 22-26 and March 28 only!
- March 22 through March 26: Spiced Rubbed Lamb and Curried Rice & Lentil Power Bowl
- March 28: Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Tomato Mango Chutney (served at Lunch)
What are cruciferous vegetables?
This group includes vegetables such as cauliflower, cabbage, kale, garden cress, bok choy, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and similar green leafy vegetables. Not only are they low-calorie, rich in folate, vitamins C, E, K and fiber, they also contain a substance that has been shown to have anticancer effects. We’re featuring these power veggies all month long! Here are just a few of our menu items to choose from:
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Cauliflower & Red Pepper
- Sautéed Swiss Chard
- Broccoli, prepared many ways and featured on our weekly menus throughout the month
- Lentil and Kale Soup (OH SO GOOD item)
Power Bowls will be featured weekly throughout the month of March
Made from an array of fresh and delicious ingredients. We highly recommend you try one of these popular features:
- March 1-5: Salmon and Faro Power Bowl
- March 8-12: Poached Chicken and Arugula Salad
- March 15-19: Smoked Pork Belly and Ginger Rice Power Bowl
- March 22-26: Lamb, Curried Rice and Lentil Power Bowl
- March 29-April 2: Crab and Bulgar Power Bowl
Calendar Events in March
Join us in celebrating food and holiday events this month! We’re featuring fun themed recipes in Café 902.
- National Pi Day
- St. Patrick’s Day
- International Waffle Day
- National Spinach Day
- Passover Begins
March is National Nutrition Month!
To support our commitment to your health, this March, we are celebrating National Nutrition Month® (NNM) with the theme Purposeful Plate. This theme encourages you to discover, appreciate, and enrich the purpose of your plate. Stop by the entry table in Café 902 to learn more about how to build a plate with purpose – every day. Explore our new healthful menu offerings:
- Salmon and Faro Power Bowl
- Poached Chicken and Arugula Salad
- Mashed Butternut Squash
- Roasted Curry Pork Tenderloin with Chutney
- Eggplant Wrapped Salmon, Tabbouleh Salad
- Blueberry and Beat Muffin
The Cornerstone Restaurant will remain closed until further notice due to COVID-19, we will continue to reevaluate on a weekly basis. Our Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing dining services will continue as room service.
Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living
Due to our current outbreak we are required to stop Essential Caregiver visits at this time per the NJ Department of Health.
As a reminder we remain in Phase 0. Doctors’ Appointments are limited to extremely emergent issues only. NJ continues to have increased COVID cases and when residents are transported to outside providers it greatly increases their chances of exposure to COVID-19.
Residents entering our community from a hospital stay or returning from an outside doctor’s appointment continued to be quarantined for 14 days and monitored for any signs and symptoms of COVID-19. These individuals are considered by the State and CDC to be Persons Under Investigation, (PUI), meaning that they may have been exposed and we need to monitor them for COVID-19 symptoms. You will see this listed our COVID-19 data below.
We continue to provide in room engagement for our residents based on their individualized needs. In room engagement can include: games, crossword puzzles, seek and find, adult coloring/painting, magazines, reading books, jigsaw puzzles, computer/tablet/smart phone surfing the web, reading mail, conversation with Team Member, Music Therapy, Happy Hour and Snack Chats and utilizing the Computerized (It’s Never 2 Late) Activity software programs on 1:1 visits and Morning Exercise Monday thru Saturday via live broadcast from the Chapel
The following special events are planned:
- March 1st – 5:00 PM live broadcast entertainer “Arylyn Wolters” from the Chapel
- March 4th – afternoon “Snack & Chat” cart
- March 5th – 2:00 PM Fun Friday Activities Team “Drama Skit” produced and directed by Gloria Turk Music Therapist
- Week of March 8th – Ice Cream Cart Social throughout the week for all neighborhoods
- Daylight Saving Time starts in on Sunday, March 14th. The clocks spring forward 1 HR.
- March 15th – St. Patrick’s Photo Op throughout the week for all neighborhoods
- March 17th – 2:00 PM “Let’s Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!” live broadcast entertainer “Kirk Mauer” from the Chapel
- March 19th – Celebrating the 1st Day of Spring! Spring is in the air.
- Week of March 23rd – Ice Cream Cart Social throughout the week for all neighborhoods
- March 26th – 2:00 PM Fun Friday live broadcast entertainer “Justin Gonzales” from the Chapel
- March 29th – Pizza Party – Cedar Gardens 12 noon
- March 30th – Pizza Party – Cedar Cove & North Cape May 12 noon
- March 31st – Pizza Party – Keystone Neighborhoods 12 noon
- Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing – Dining services will continue as room service at the current time.
- Related to the change in weather we are changing our visitation process. As we are having an outbreak in our community, we cannot provide indoor visitation and the weather is too cold for our residents to be outside. We will continue to schedule facetime visits and also have window visitation occur in several areas on campus.
- Window visitation will occur in our Memory Care Courtyard for residents that reside in those areas. This will be located on the North Cape May Porch and the Cedar Cove Patio area. Residents will remain inside at the window or door. Family Members will have appointments and be outside for the visit. Visits will last 15 minutes.
- Those residents residing in our Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living areas will have visitation at the windows located in our marketing conference area on the first floor. This patio area can be accessed by families by proceeding up the ramp located to the left of our main entrance.
- Window Visitations can be scheduled through our Activities Department by calling (609) 239-3822 or (609) 239-3913. Visitations will be 15 minutes in length and will be scheduled 10 AM – 3:30 PM on specific weekdays with a maximum of two visitors at a time per resident.
- Visitation areas will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized between appointments.
- In Skilled Nursing, for non-urgent end-of-life scenarios, families/responsible parties must schedule an appointment by contacting the Social Services Monday-Friday at (609) 239-3848 or nursing supervisor (after 4 p.m.) at (609) 239-3840.
- In Assisted Living, for non-urgent/end-of-life scenarios, families/responsible parties must schedule an appointment by contacting the Robyn Barnes, Administrator Monday-Friday at (609) 239-3844 or nursing supervisor (after 4 p.m.) at (609) 239-3840.
- For urgent requests for Skilled Nursing, please call Cindy Shemansky, Assistant Executive Director/Keystone Administrator at (609) 239-3924 or the nursing supervisor at (609) 239-3840.
- For urgent requests for Assisted Living, please call Robyn Barnes, Assisted Living Administrator at (609) 239-3844 or the nursing supervisor at (609) 239-3840.
Essential Caregiver visits are currently on hold related to our current COVID Outbreak status. This is a Department of Health Guideline we must follow.
MVB Resident Care Staffing Report
MVB is required to post our skilled nursing staffing each shift where is can be viewed by the general public. During COVID we are posting our sheets each shift at the Ambulance Entrance Door for you to observe as you come to drop off items for your loved ones. We will post a weekly report on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Cindy Shemansky at (609) 239-3924.
Questions and Concerns
Please feel free to contact Cindy Shemansky, Assistant Executive Director, with any questions or concerns at (609) 239-3924. Again, we thank you for your continued patience and support through these challenging times.